Your car is likely very important to you, and you understandably care about what happens to it. When you leave your car at a parking lot, you want to make sure it stays safe from vandals. Unfortunately, accidents and vandalism do happen, which is why it’s important to have a professional park and care for your car when you leave it at the DTW Airport. DTW valet service is your best bet.
Still, it’s good to know how to keep your car safe when you have to be away for a while. After all, if your vehicle experiences damage, how will you get to and from work or school? Think about where you typically park, not just at the airport, but anywhere you go, such as the grocery store or the workplace. Do you park your car far away from others? Do you park it in the shade? At night, do you park near lights?
CNN says $1.2 billion worth of personal items are stolen from cars every year. Here’s how you can prevent vandalism from happening to you.
- Keep your car clean and clutter-free. Would-be thieves are on the lookout for easy-access items of value. If you can, take your valuables with you, especially when leaving your car for a long time such as at an airport. Always bring your phone, computer, important documents, wallet and cash. If you can’t bring your valuables with you, lock them in the glovebox or put them in the trunk where they are out of sight.
- Park in well-lit, highly visible areas. Remote areas of a parking lot invite thieves under cover of darkness.
- Lock your doors. Sounds like a no-brainer but you won’t believe how many people don’t take this simple step. In fact, ¼ of cars in public parking lots are not locked.
- Look for security cameras. If you have found that vandals damaged your car or stole something from it, you can ask the security team to view the footage and provide it to the police.
- Upgrade your vehicle’s security features. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy or expensive. Even just affixing a security decal on your car’s window can deter a vandal. If you can afford it, install a security system or alarm.
- Use a valet parking service. Yes, it may cost a bit more, but this is a fast, safe and secure way to park and leave your car, especially for longer periods of time. It will be monitored 24/7 by valet parking staff, plus security cameras will be positioned throughout the area that can catch anything the valets can’t.
Why You Need Valet Connections DTW Parking
Preventing vandalism is one of the top reasons to hire DTW valet parking services. If you park your car in just any remote lot and go away for a week, you may cause yourself undue stress worrying about its condition when you arrive back from vacation. With a valet, you can give yourself peace of mind knowing your vehicle will be well taken care of. Contact us at (734) 992-4946 to schedule DTW valet parking.